1. I ate two donuts, drank a chocolate milk, and the sugar crash has left me a little lacking in energy, motivation, focus, and so on.
2. My new work-in-progress is far too engrossing. I’m working with a road map (a few index cards with scenes listed on them), but I keep getting surprised by the characters and where they’re taking the story. I’d forgotten how much fun a new draft can be.
3. I started Veronica Rossi’s book, Under the Never Sky, and it’s SO good. I didn’t want to put it down to do my writing this morning, but now that I’ve reached my five-page goal, I’m just itching to pick the book back up again.
4. Other than these few things, I don’t have anything to say, really.
5. And finally, after five days of nagging Z to get ready for school in the mornings, and hours spent reading and writing my own words, I’m kinda sick of my own voice, ya know? Both the speaking voice AND the writing voice. So I’m going to stop. Here.