I have, once again, joined the Sisterhood of the Maternity Pants.
While I think it’s pretty evident to everyone who has glimpsed, even out of their peripheral vision, the protrusion of gut-stuffed-with-child swelling my middle, I feel that I should just come clear. It’s either this, or I gripe about how drivers using turn signals in traffic seems to be going the way of bows and curtsies.
So. Here it is. I’m pregnant.
Frequently-asked Questions of Pregnant Women, Which I Shall Answer Here
- When is the baby due? May 2nd.
- Will you find out if it’s a girl or a boy? Yes. The appointment for that ultrasound is in December.
- Does Z know? How does she feel about it? She knows, and she’s super-excited. She’d been asking for a little brother or sister, since most of her friends have them. She might be viewing siblings as noisy accessories. I forgot to tell her there’s no return policy.
- Do you want a boy or a girl? Since I have a girl, I think I’d like a boy, although it really doesn’t matter.
- Do you have a name picked out already? Nope.
- How are you feeling? Pretty crappy for the most part, and tired. But I think the nausea is lessening.
- Any cravings/aversions? Usually I’m a sugar-fiend, but I don’t want that so much – I’d rather have salty things. Like french fries. Every day. Most of my fun/allowance money is supporting the fast food industry right now. Way to help that growing brain! Also, I don’t want to look at a zucchini right now. Or ever again.
- You’re huge. Are you having twins? No.
If there’s anything I missed, feel free to ask.
So, we’re very happy, although I’d be lying if I said there were no mixed feelings on my part. Finally I’ve gotten my free mornings for writing, and that’s all going to end in a few months. But I managed to write two novel-length manuscripts in the three years before Z started preschool, so I’m sure I’ll adapt to whatever insane writing schedule I need after the baby comes. And besides! Soft little person to get to know! Sweet milky baby breath! Adorable tiny shoes!
That’s wonderful! Huge congratulations!!! Little boy calling from potty or would add more
Thanks PB! Get thee to the potty!
Yay!! Welcome to the club! So that puts you due 3 months after me. We’ll be able to commiserate on the lack of writing time together 😀
My cravings have alternated on pregnancies. First one I craved sweet, second I craved savoury, this one I’m craving sweet again. But also craving cheeseburgers big time at the moment. McDonalds has been making a lot of money out of me this pregnancy.
Don’t worry about being bigger this time, it tends to happen that way. I’ve gotten bigger earlier each time. I swore I was having twins until I had the ultrasound (and even then I wasn’t convinced until the second ultrasound).
Ha, Jo! We’re both supporting McDonald’s right now. I’ve had a couple of cheeseburgers so far, too. I wonder what’s in them that makes them “okay” when I can’t stomach the thought of anything else? Actually, I don’t wonder. I don’t think I really want to know.
Congratulations! And, yes, I’m trying to get some photos up. It’s not working well, but check back tomorrow…..
More grandkids to spoil! Yea for me!
Thanks, Sean, Maggie, and Mom!
Ooooh – such fun news!!!! Love the last few bits of your post – sweet milky baby breath, fun!! We definitely need a fry night out to chat 🙂
Yes! Fry date!
Such wonderful news, Beth! Zoe will make a great big sister. The transition will be easier than you think! 🙂 Embrace those maternity pants, love!
Thanks, Steph! Yeah, the maternity pants ARE pretty comfy. And I’m always happy for an excuse to stay in yoga pants all day.
Oh padner, you will write more than ever…for some reason children make us stronger, more confident, and they bring us a ton of gifts! Enjoy this time with Z….