Deck the Halls with Easter Bunnies
Breaking News: THE EASTER BOX IS FINALLY BACK IN THE ATTIC.
I’m not a big decorator for the holidays, for two reasons: 1) I’m lazy, and 2) We have too much stuff.
Here’s how our decoration cycle for Christmas goes, in ten easy steps.
1. Find empty box or unobtrusive corner.
2. Clear surfaces (i.e. tables, shelves, television altar, piano(s), mantels, dressers, and possibly bathroom counters) of knick knacks & assorted piles of books, papers, and toys.
3. Pack knick knacks etc. into box or stack into the unobtrusive corner.
4. Dust surfaces.
5. Send Homes on spelunking expedition into garage or attic to retrieve Christmas decoration boxes.
6. Set out Christmas decorations (approximately 3.3 days before Christmas)
7. Approximately 2.65 months after Christmas, clear surfaces of decorations and locate empty boxes to pack them into. If necessary, purchase more plastic boxes and feel guilty for a little while.
8a. By this point, new knick knacks etc. have crowded onto surfaces, so
8b. don’t bother dusting, and
8c. leave other knick knacks etc. in box or unobtrusive corner.
9. Approximately 4.89 months after Christmas, send Homes on mission to return Christmas boxes to attic or garage.
10. Congratulate self on a job well done.