1. ice cream–the ultimate comfort food
2. learning that my mother is bffs with an editor at a big-time publishing company (I can’t speak from experience here, but I know this would cheer me up)
3. Clarkie, my cat
4. Sarah Dessen’s novels This Lullaby and The Truth About Forever
5. Pride and Prejudice on film (the BBC version…but when do I have 5 spare hours?) OR, you know, the book is okay, too
6. movie Blue Crush (I love sporty girl movies–the inspiration comes in handy for after I indulge in #1 above)
7. Louise Rennison’s book Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
8. movie Bend It Like Beckham (see #6 above)
9. a walk (again necessary to counteract negative effects of #1)
10. watching Z dance
11. an empty kitchen sink–no dirty dishes!
12. reading Abridged Scripts from The Editing Room
13. perusing paint swatches (see post Baby, Let’s Paint the Town Coral Expression)
14. gardening (unless there are slugs)
15. circling everything I want in the IKEA catalog
16. NAPS–mine and Z’s
17. chocolate never hurts
18. new pens and/or new diary books
19. emails from the library telling me a book I’ve been waiting for has arrived
20. having prettily-painted toenails
There are so, so many more, but rather than list them all, I think I’ll head out and enjoy some of them.
You should go out and buy this:
And then play with it. I just love the names and the colors, even if I can’t wear half of them.
Don’t forget the power of French fries, either.
Clarkie is a wonderful mood enhancer. She has immense power. I hope she only uses it for good.