“Wednesday Five” doesn’t have quite the same ring to it as “Friday Five,” but whatever. Beyond caring.
1. After a four-day weekend, I’d been looking forward to Z’s school week with a kind of desperation. She went to school on Monday and I was totally productive, got all kinds of writing work done, felt great. She’s been home yesterday and today with a nasty cough, and my desperation is spiraling to madness.
2. Locked my keys in my car at Target. This was supposed to be a quick trip (fail) to break up the afternoon (success) and indulge my nesting instinct (fail – storage boxes out of stock, one of the two I purchased was cracked when I got it home). The trip wasn’t a disaster, really, but just One of Those Things. God bless Triple-A.
3. Beta-reading a book for a writer friend and LOVING it. I’ll get to feel all superior on Friday in her interview because I’ll have inside knowledge of her book, which isn’t coming out until next Spring. Tune in on Friday for a NiFtY Author interview with Talia Vance!
4. Z has been talking, constantly, to herself, for the past half hour. All while squishing Play-Doh around on the table and invariably mashing it into her clothes. I don’t care. It’s a break. “Backyardigans” is next on our Very Special Mother-Daughter Bonding Day agenda. God bless Play-Doh. God bless the “Backyardigans.”
5. Sorry for the doom & gloom tone of this post! Promise, things aren’t as bleak as they sound. I’ve got that good book for beta-reading, Homes stayed home this morning to give me some work time, and I don’t have to leave the house (and face the wind) again today. I see a nap in my near future, and my dreams will be to the “Backyardigans” soundtrack.