1. Starting in October (or next week maybe – I like to keep you on your toes), this blog is going down to one post per week. There isn’t time to write two to three posts per week, on top of everything I want to do with my fiction, on top of, oh yeah, real life family and friends. So what do you think? Wednesdays? Fridays? Any preferences?
2. Next week I’ll be judging pitches in Deana Barnhart’s “Gearing Up to Get an Agent” Blogfest/Contest. I get to use a secret code name and everything. I’ve never been a judge before, for, um, anything, and it’s thrilling to be able to help other writers like this! Last night we had a Twitter Question & Answer session (#GUTGAA hashtag), which was a lot of fun and I got to feel totally helpful even if I wasn’t.
3. I’ve heard the phrase “go big or go home” in three different places this week. Maybe it will become a Thing, like “NOT!” so long ago, or my favorite of this year, “just sayin’.”
4. Why do babies fight their naps? Because I would pay very good money to have someone put me in a crib all by myself to sleep for up to three hours. Just sayin’.
5. Tomorrow! Tomorrow is exciting for two reasons. The first is that I will be getting an actual hair cut for the first time in two years. This is not nearly as exciting as the second thing – Talia Vance‘s book launch! 4 pm at the Avid Reader in Davis. In addition to Talia speaking about her debut novel, Silver, authors Katherine Longshore (Gilt), Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky), and Donna Cooner (Skinny) will be there to speak about their books as well! It’s going to be a blast. Wear silver nail polish! Go big or go home!
I’m so jealous of that YA event.
Also, while I didn’t say it out loud, I did think to myself, “GBoGH” this week but now I can’t remember what it was in reference to. It’s weird that you mention it now.
Mmm, nap sounds good right now.
I’m so excited about Talia’s event it’s getting a little ridiculous! I will take pictures for you & if I score a coveted ARC of SKINNY, I will share it with you when I’m done reading.
I’d say Wed or Fri. Don’t ask me why, though. Have a great time at the launch! Wish I could go. And enjoy that time in the salon chair!
Yeah, maybe the place I’m going does scalp massages as part of the whole experience. That’d be nice! A haircut’s good, though. Not complaining about a haircut.
You are totally speakin’ my language with #4 – hope you liked the haircut!
I did! I love it – just wish I had time to style it like she did. Thank you so much for the recommendation!