1. I wish I could blame my bloggy-slackiness on a crashing laptop. But that happened just yesterday, & I’ve gone a month of Fridays with no posts. So I’ll blame something else. Summer! The heat! Too many good books to read! No imagination! Take your pick. It’s a buffet, so have a little of each if you like.
2. Homes surprised me with a car stereo for our anniversary. The CD player had been broken for about three years, so it was a huge surprise to get in the car on Wednesday and have Daft Punk (old stuff, not new stuff) blast from the speakers. A huge & awesome surprise! (A little Daft Punk goes a long ways for me, and it’s been switched out with pouty Lana del Rey, and some oldschool Cake. Next up is Sublime because summer isn’t complete without that. Then some Black Keys, then some Florence + the Machine…the drive to & from Z’s summer session just got SO much more fun!)
3. Plugging away at my surfing novel and trying to ignore the rat novel. It’s frustrating because I want to fix all the things in both stories, like, RIGHT NOW, but am limited by Maverick’s naptimes and my own mother-of-a-habitual-five-a.m.-waker-upper fatigue.
4. I should just do Friday Threes, because I run out of steam before I hit Four. Scrambling for something to say. So.
5. Books! I can always talk about books! Some new favorites: Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson (protagonist I love to love, antagonists I love to hate, and PERFECT balance of historical detail to story), Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson (creepy! Gothic! Just really…fun, & well-written to boot), Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys (seriously one of my favorite books of ALL TIME), The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr (love the piano, love a main character who is a tad harder to like than your average main character), Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie (much creepier than Disney, and no, I’d never read it). And that is all, happy Friday.
There was a severe lack of spider in this list.
The spider will have her own post. She’s big enough to carry it.
And what about the small children roaming around? Frankly, I don’t know how you ever brush your teeth, let alone read and do the writing you do. You’re my hero, QS!
Hmm *runs tongue over teeth* I might not have brushed my teeth today…. No seriously, thanks for this. I’ve been feeling like a failure, so your comment is much-needed encouragement!
I totally have Out of the Easy and Chains on my reading list now. It begins . . . tomorrow. I even joined our library reading club like a kid.
Our library is doing an adult summer reading program, but I found myself filling out only YA titles for my reads!
Cake and Florence! Sounds like a great birthday! Am very intrigued by spider, although will probably scream when read post–in fact will go ahead and scream a little now in sympathy. Happy music listening!
Homes took some excellent photos of the spider. As soon as we can rouse ourselves from our most recent illness malaise, I’ll put together a scream-worthy spider post.